Re: procmail/sendmail setup problems(?)

2000-03-23 01:22:20
Philip,

Thank you so much for your help. That was indeed the problem! I tested it
just now, and its working! As I am the only user on this system, I went
with the simple option of changing the file permissions on my home
directory and my .procmailrc file.

 As regards your question about the message coming in two
parts: I wrote the message at home with pico. I wanted to spend some time
gathering all the relevant information so as not to recieve replies about
checking my sendmail setup and other various files etc. I didn't want to
log into my compsoc account to do this online as my connection to this
account is sometimes very slow, and I cannot mail to the list from
here (mark(_at_)localhost(_dot_)localdomain). So in the end, I sent the mail
with my
carefully typed problem as an attachment.

I have no idea why it came as  base 64. I've had a couple of
problems with this account (binary files being displayed a garbage text in
the body of recieved mails!). Hope this sheds some light on your question.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Mark Irvine

Always reply to mirvine(_at_)compsoc(_dot_)com