If then else

2000-03-23 08:38:29
I'm trying to do some spam filtering and picked up on some email about
recipes for that quite awhile ago.

What I want to do is to have two different lists, a GOOD list and a
SPAM list.  The idea being that if a match is made in the GOOD list,
the mail will bypass testing the SPAM list.

If match in Good list, continue with other recipes

  Else try for a match in the SPAM list

I have the following:

:0 Hc:
* ? fgrep -i -0 -f goodlist
good    <---  I really want a NOP here so I will replace this with
/dev/null

:0 He:
* ? fgrep -i -0 -f spamlist
trash

:0
.....   Lots of other recipes.....

I want the spamlist test to be bypassed if the match occurs in
goodlist.  Right now, it appears the spamlist test is never done.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

+ Bruce S. Marshall  bmarsh(_at_)bmarsh(_dot_)com  Bellaire, MI
03/23/00 10:32  +
"The closest to perfection a person ever comes is when they fill out a
job application."  --Stanley J. Randall