Sendmail

2000-03-24 18:27:13
Hello,

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but i' desperate...please could someone
help me!

I am trying to get Sendmail working but can't...

I have downloaded 8.9.3 and 8.10.0.

I have 3 domains:  ichilton.co.uk, dcits.com and chiltons.u-net.com
(We want to send mail from users at all 3)

I want to use local mail, by sending to user(_at_)hostname
Any mail NOT to user(_at_)hostname (which includes the domains above), I want to
be queued, until I do a sendmail -q, when it will be sent out to my ISP's
SMTP server, over the dial-up PPP connection...

I want to connect from windows machines on the network (192.168.0.x) to send
mail through an SMTP server.

Please could someone tell me how to set Sendmail up to do this????

On the receiving side, I am using pop3d, fetchmail & procmail, but I think I
can get this working, once Sendmail is setup...

Thanks in Advance!!!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                     \|||/
                     (o o)
 /----------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------\
 |  Ian Chilton                             |
 |  E-Mail:    ian(_at_)ichilton(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk           |
 |  Web Page:  http://www.ianchilton.co.uk  |

All e-mail is forwarded to my mobile phone.
(Unless it includes an attachment)

However, I only receive the first 150 characters.
Please structure your message accordingly.

"Unix is user friendly - it's just picky about it's friends."

"Windows is a 32 bit patch to a 16 bit GUI based on a 8 bit operating system
written for a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company