Re: Delivery to User's Home directories...

2000-04-07 13:57:37
Allen_Rodriguez(_at_)usafp(_dot_)com writes:
I realize this question has been brought up plenty of times but.... I am a
newbie to this and I am finding plenty of misleading information.

Can anyone tell me all the steps necessary to deliver mail to the users
home directory rather than /var/spool/mail

Edit the file src/authenticate.c in the procmail source tree.  Find the
lines that read:

/*#define MAILSPOOLHOME "/.mail"                      /* watch the leading / */
                                                  /* delivers to $HOME/.mail */

Remove the "/*" at the beginning of the first of those and change the
"/.mail" to whatever is appropriate.  If you want mail to be delivered
to $HOME/.mailspool you would change it to read

#define MAILSPOOLHOME "/.mailspool"

The recompile and reinstall.

Philip Guenther