RE: Microsoft Verdict Rendered!

2000-04-07 14:16:42

where the heck did THAT come from?!
.. and why does reply-to mail this message to
procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de ?

thx
joshr

Josh Rabinowitz - Software Engineer - joshr(_at_)cnet(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org
[mailto:PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org]
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2000 11:24 AM
To: noend(_at_)arachna(_dot_)com
Subject: Microsoft Verdict Rendered!

NEWS FLASH!!!

Judge Jackson stuns court, sentences Microsoft to "fate worse
than death"

Before a packed and hushed courtroom, Judge Thomas Penfield
Jackson today
rendered his final decision in the Microsoft anti-trust case.

"In my opinion, it is practically impossible to be any more guilty of
monopolistic practices than Microsoft," said the Judge. "I
contemplated
breaking Microsoft into little teeny tiny pieces, but
suddenly it occurred
to me that they deserve a far worse punishment."

"I hereby sentence Microsoft to be acquired by Computer Associates,"
intoned the Judge, his voice laced with emotion. "Charles
Wang of CA will
remain CEO of the merged companies."

Microsoft chairman Bill Gates was heard sobbing quietly after
the decision
was rendered, while MS attorney Bill Neukom was so overcome
that he rented
his garment (said to be a $3,000 Armani) in anguish.

"This sentence may seem unduly harsh, but it occurred to me
that there was
only one other corporation with as much evil in its heart as
Microsoft,
only one other company that was in need of such a
punishment," said the
Judge. "You deserve each other."

Within hours of the announcement, CA welcomed their 25,000
new employees
with the traditional email termination notices.

When questioned by reporters, a beaming Wang stated that "I
intend to keep
Gates and [Former MS CEO Steve] Ballmer on. We have several
openings in the
mailroom."

Reporters wanted to know what all of this meant to the future
of Windows.
Wang commented "Our plans are to migrate Windows over to the
AS/400 and the
IBM 390 and curtail further development for the PC platform.
The day of the
PC is over. We'll put three or four of their people on the
Windows legacy
software support team and keep a few other Microsoft
programmers around for
sport."

Many were curious as to just why Judge Jackson was so harsh
on Microsoft.
The Judge explained: "At first, I was inclined to be lenient,
but I'm a bit
of a do-it-yourself-er, and recently I tried to replace my PC's
motherboard. That cinched it."
---
  Please DO NOT carbon me on list replies.  I'll get my copy
from the list.

  Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395

------------------ Humanize A Little Bit Everyday -------------------
 http://www.noend.org/lists/noend/ login: noend password: dvdfmokb
      For additional commands, e-mail: noend-help(_at_)arachna(_dot_)com
       To unsubscribe, e-mail: noend-unsubscribe(_at_)arachna(_dot_)com