Re: Procmail + mbx format

2000-04-15 13:32:38
On Sat, Apr 15, 2000 at 10:52:48AM -0400, J T Breitner wrote:
I understand that what's used in the past is to use dmail and then call
procmail
out of the .forward file.  However, I prefer to use procmail as my mta.  In
fact,
I'll gladly take the hit in imap performance in exchange for the use of
procmail.

Uhm, procmail is neither an MTA or IMAP daemon. It's an MDA. It doesn't handle
delivery to other machines, only delivery to local mailboxes once the mail is
on the destination host. The only time it has anything to do with delivery to
another host is when it forwards to an email address on another host, and then
it just hands it back to the MTA. IMAP daemons are wholly unrelated.