bouncing emails

2000-04-17 13:21:01
Hi all,

I am attempting to build a recipe on bouncing email
back to the sender depending on a certain condition.
Below is the logic I have:

        if (pattern) is found in FILE
        then remove body, append FILE to body and
        bounce mail back to sender
        else remove body, append FILE to body and
        forward it to <some(_at_)newaddress(_dot_)com>

below is what I have so far:

#IF PATTERN FOUND IN FILE THEN REMOVE ORIGINAL BODY,
#APPEND FILE TO BODY AND BOUNCE MSG TO SENDER
        :0
        |perl -ple 'open(FH, "/path/to/fileA");
while(<FH>) { if ($_ =~ "pattern") {HAVE PROCMAIL
APPEND fileA TO BODY AND BOUNCE MSG BACK TO SENDER
        }

#ELSE REMOVE BODY, APPEND FILE TO BODY AND FORWARD ON
#TO NEW ADDRESS:
        :0 fbw
        | cat > /dev/null

        :0 fbw