Re: Moving Mailboxes

2000-05-02 21:15:56
Philip,

Yes the files (/var/spool/mail/username) are normal files, all owned by
their respective users with a link count of one.

I think I changed the permissions when I moved the files.

I'll have another try.

Many thanks

Chris Fry

Philip Guenther wrote:

Chris Fry <chris(_at_)quillsoft(_dot_)com(_dot_)au> writes:
Can anyone help me please?

I am running a sendmail/procmail on Redhat Linux 5.2.

I have built a new mailserver using RedHat Linux 6.0.

I have copied the mailboxes to the new server but the mailboxes are
being rejected and renamed as BOGUS when new mail arrives. Is there a
routine for moving mailboxes to the new server and having them
recognised by procmail?

Are the mailboxes owned by their respective users?  What are the
permissions on the files?  Are they normal files (not symlinks) with a
link count of one?

Philip Guenther

--
Chris Fry
Quillsoft Pty Ltd

Phone: +61 2 9553 1691
Fax: +61 2 9553 1692
Mobile: 0419 414 323
eMail: chris(_at_)quillsoft(_dot_)com(_dot_)au
http://www.quillsoft.com.au