Re: Procmail filer for "I LOVE YOU" worm

2000-05-04 12:37:58
On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 08:38:23PM +0200, Geir Johannessen wrote:
[Posting to procmail list in case more people have the same problem.]

Maybe I'm missing something here but I thought for global filtering all I
had to do is put this in my /etc/procmailrc file. However the messages still
go through.

What am I doing wrong?

Unless procmail is your default MDA (mail delivering agent, usually
/bin/mail with default sendmail setup) only user that explicitly calls

Another thing to note is that, if the server is just a relay, and not the
final delivery destination, it doesn't matter what the MDA is, as the mail
won't pass through the MDA. Sendmail will receive it, then forward it on to
the next server in the path.

--
Andrew Edelstein                http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

"Hmmm. Well, it's safer than a tube sock..."