Re: Subject shifts in logfile

2000-05-10 01:50:40
On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 02:50:47PM +0200, Renaud Colinet wrote:

Hello,

I found that when I checked procmail's log messages in my mailer, the
Subject appeared empty. After editing the log mailbox, I found that the
 Subject: header was shifted 1 space to the right. This happens even
with the simple .procmailrc:

I read my log in ~/.procmail/log with mutt, too. I believe if
headers do not start at the leftmost position, they are read as
continuations of the previous line. Procmail puts a space in
front of "Subject:" in the log. I'm not too sure why. I take it
out with this function in my .bashrc file.

#logsubj munges procmail log subject lines to allow reading by mutt
function logsubj ()
{
sed -e 's/^ Subject:/Subject:/' ~/.procmail/log > /tmp/proclog
mv /tmp/proclog ~/.procmail/log ;
}

I would be interested in finding out how to hack procmail so that
it didn't insert that space.

--
Greg Matheson                                    Think globally
Chinmin College, Taiwan                          Act locally