Re: procmailrc keeping old preferences in memory

2000-05-12 13:00:45
"Henry Smith, Jr" <hensj(_at_)ihs2000(_dot_)com> writes:
I modified a .procmailrc file in my personal directory while doing
some testing.

After realizing that I had a path incorrect for a reply txt file I
modified it to correct the location of the reply.message

procmail-log shows that the rc file is catching the correct messages
but when attempting to reply is still looking at the incorrect
location.  I removed everything from the rc file except the receipt
that I am working on.  Confimred the path is correct and tried again.
But I still receive

Error while writing to "/incorrect/path/of/reply.message"

I would guess that your home directory is mountd via NFS and the mail
server is caching its copy of your rcfile, in which case the problem
probably disappeared about the time you sent your message to the list.

Philip Guenther