Re: Variable Problem..

2000-05-15 19:17:26
"Ian Chilton" <mailinglist(_at_)ichilton(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:
If I do this at the command line, it returns my current dynamic IP:
ifconfig ppp0  \
     | awk '{ if ( /inet addr:/ ) printf("%s\n", $2); }' \
     | sed s/addr://g

However, this in my procmail rc file just sends a message with the text, but
a blank where the IP should be:

What does the logfile show?  Have you turned on VERBOSE?

BTW: your .sig is really annoying in its length.  Having exposed us all
to it several times now, could you please abridge it in future posts?
Thanks!

Philip Guenther