Re: killing stdout in a recipe

2000-05-18 07:31:52
Lee asked,

| okay, okay, procmail is a filter, but its usefulness as a mail-initiated
| script-trigger is quite apparent.  Unfortunately, the action | in a recipe
| can be frustrating when you don't want any stdin for the action.
|
| Is there a way to eliminate it?

No, but the `i' flag on the colon line will tell procmail not to care when
the command in the action line doesn't take the message as stdin.

At one point Philip was starting some code for an `I' flag to tell procmail
not to give the command in the action line any stdin at all, but it ran into
some complications and I do not know its current status; discussion of that
really belongs on the procmail-dev list.