Re: bounces and +suffixes

2000-06-19 17:38:31
On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 08:21:38PM -0400, Kragen Sitaker wrote:
Two questions.

I have a recipe
:0
* ^Subject:.*mash this
|/home/kragen/bin/mash

mash is a Perl script which executes the contents of the email as a
shell script (given correct one-time passwords in the email).  Various
things can go wrong in mash: full disk, can't fork, etc.  In these
cases, I would like procmail to exit with code 70 or something similar,
causing sendmail to bounce the mail.

Wouldn't this be what the w flag is for?

My other question is related: sendmail happily delivers mail to
kragen+garbage or kragen+walnuts using my .forward file, invoking
procmail.  However, it doesn't seem that "garbage" or "walnuts" gets
passed to procmail.  Is there a way to get that information, short of
installing procmail as the local MDA?  I control the sendmail setup on
the site, but I'm reluctant to give procmail to people who don't want
it.

Don't know how to answer your question about delivering to garbage or walnuts,
but what is the harm in setting up procmail as the MDA? It should be invisible
to your users if they're not using any features specific to your current MDA
and doesn't change how they read their mail.

--
Andrew Edelstein                http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

"Since most threads on this list wind up discussing it, I'll cut to the chase
... I have a fantastic sex-life <weg>"
                                Tim Phillips
<Tim(_dot_)Phillips(_at_)amgreetings(_dot_)com>,
                                Tue, 16 May 2000