Re: confused - want to use mysql database

2000-06-30 14:03:49
There is only one machine with both the mail and web servers and the /tmp
directory should be the same whether executing the script from procmail or
the command line.

Could it have something to do with the recipe...
Here is what I have now

:0
* ^TO_()(_dot_)*editor(_at_)domain(_dot_)com
{
  SUBJECT=`formail -zxSubject`
  BODY=`formail -I ""`

  :0bc:
  | /www/cgi-bin/parse_editor_mail.cgi -s "$SUBJECT" -s "$BODY" >>/tmp/output4
}

When I read through the faq, I see this...

        SUBJECT=`formail -zxSubject:`
        :0w:
        | our-script -s "$SUBJECT" >>output

I changed the actions to :0bc: based upon what I read here....

I'm still learning about this and wonder if it could have something to do
with the flags I'm using to run through the perl script...  Or could it be
some sort of permissions problem

Jerry

I know the script isn't being
executed because I added this line to the very beginning
`touch /tmp/jerry.test1`;
to see what happens and the test file never gets created... If I run the
script from the command line, the test file does get created...

This generally indicates that you're logging into a DIFFERENT
machine than the mail machine, so /tmp is in different places on the
two machines.

Can you log into the mail machine and look in /tmp there?

Stan