Re: Simple recipe question

2000-07-17 09:51:24
William Melanson <wjm(_at_)gate(_dot_)net> said:

Will the following recipe work accordingly?

:0
* ^From(_dot_)*pest(_at_)junkmail(_dot_)com
! `cp /dev/null`

Well since you're the only one who knows exactly *what* you are trying
to do, you can put it in your own .procmailrc file, test it, and tell
us if it does it or not can't you!? :-)

Seriously, this list is intended to be somewhere for help when you've
tried most things and can't work out what's going wrong. It's not meant
as a substitute for reading the man pages and trying things out for
yourself - the best way to learn is from your own mistakes.

I have a feeling I know what you're trying to do, and I don't think
it'll do what you want, but not knowing for sure what you are trying to
achieve, means it makes it difficult to tell you what to do! Have you
actually tried it out yourself?

Regards,
--
Richard Travett,                Email:
Richard(_dot_)Travett(_at_)cambridge(_dot_)simoco(_dot_)com