Procmailrc not recognized if deleted then restored?

2000-07-23 05:33:28
In trying some new software on my website, which involved sending out emails, I
was running into a problem.  Thinking it was the existence of the ".procmailrc"
file, I temporarily deleted it from my root web directory and tried my other
software out.  No luck.  That wasn't it.

So, I put the ".procmailrc" file back where I found it.  Well, that didn't work
so good.  It turns out the ".procmailrc" file was placed there by my web hosting
company to route the various commands to use a Majordomo mailing list.  I
figured copying it back is just fine.  After all, I hadn't changed the contents.
But now my commands for Majordomo are no longer being properly routed.  Instead,
they just go my accounts mailbox.

Does something have to be reset or recycled in order for the ".procmailrc" file
to be recognized by procmail and properly begin routing my Majordomo related
mail again?

Thank you.