Re: Newbie Install problems!

2000-07-24 11:57:18
Yup that worked!

Thank you kindly :)

Mark Cotter     mcotter(_at_)milanet(_dot_)ie

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Paul D. Smith wrote:

%% Stan Ryckman <stanr(_at_)sunspot(_dot_)tiac(_dot_)net> writes:

  >> Makefile:167: *** missing separator.  Stop.

  sr> I've also seen that sort of message when a GNUmakefile is given to
  sr> an old-fashioned "make".  What "make" are you using?  Does
  sr> "make -v" show anything useful?

That's definitely a GNU make error message.

  sr> I'm a bit suspicious that it may not like the continued line (169)
  sr> because it starts with a TAB.  Try without that TAB.

Nope, continued lines can start with anything.  The text is simply
appended to the end of the _previous_ line, so make doesn't care in the
slightest what it starts with.  It could be spaces, TABs, or any
combination.