Re: Help, fishy problem installing on Debian linux - no luck last time

2000-07-28 02:12:51
I am trying to install Procmail in my home directory, however I get the
error message below.

Your problem is NOT a procmail question so much as a question regarding the
installation and setup of your distribution.

I'd be very surprised if procmail's not already installed on your system;
isn't a standard part of may other distros.

You will get better help on using your tools in another forum; does Debian
host lists that might help?

I have looked in the FAQ's etc and have had no luck.  as far as I can tell
gcc and cc are OK.

I am trying to install it on the server I use which runs Debian GNU/Linux
2.2  I am doing it remotely using telnet from a windows PC.
This is using

make BASENAME=/ftp/toby install

with no changes to Makefile as I cannot workout what might need changing.

Please note that I am not the most proficient user of Linux and C is not my
native language.  Any help would be most welcome

What is crt1.o ?

Oh, part of the C runtime I'd guess.