side effect of elm -M

2000-08-07 15:47:54
elm -M has a side effect: if you have set keepempty to OFF so that folders
will be removed when all messages have been deleted from them, it now is
meaningless.  Since the spool folder is kept as a zero-byte file if all
messages were  deleted from it and only non-spool files are actually rm'ed,
treating all folders as spools mean that they all remain in existence.

That makes a listing of one's current folders rather long.  I'm going to
add a routine to my logout script to delete empty folders other than the
one that really *is* my spool.