Re: Procmail action cannot append to a file

2000-08-16 08:30:48
(Resent to procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE since
procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org didn't like it!  The latter address
complained about "Implicit destination", whatever that means.
Did it not like being in "Cc:" instead of "To:"?)

Elm tells me...

And (ugh) there was an attachment here:

Folks, if you want help, please send plain ascii text to minimize
the number of mysteries and puzzles we have to deal with...  Thanks.

Anyway, in what I can extract from that, Nik Trevallyn-Jones wrote:
    After much searching and testing, I have established that procmail
can no longer successfully append data to a file using the ">>" unix
operator. I don't know what I've done to achieve this effect.

My guess is that you're using csh or a derivative by default, and
that you have set noclobber in your .cshrc.

I was
attempting to get a sendmail rule to call procmail at the time, so I was
regenerating /etc/procmail.cf at the time, and had edited the new
rule(s) into /etc/procmail as well (although I did not modify the rule
that was appending to the file).

My guess is that you left out this:
        SHELL=/bin/sh
It's not in what you posted here, anyway.  Try that first.

HTH,
Stan