executing selected external programs ?

2000-08-21 00:02:45
Hello,
from a quick look at the archives and the installation files, it does
seem like there isn't any mechanism to control the execution of external
programs from within users'procmailrc files. I am talking about
something more flexible, "à la smrsh", than the current uid
restriction. Back in 97, Stephen said it could be done via a chrooted
environment, which I thought about before, but it does seem rather
complicated.
Has anybody come up with a better/easier to implement solution ?

                         F.