Re: error message.. meaning?

2000-08-24 08:12:40
Leonid Mamtchenkov asked,

|   I am getting a strange error message in the log of my procmail... it
| looks like this:
| procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored
|
| It appears twice before each message log line and then twice after each
| message log line... any ideas?

It's in the man pages.  It means that you asked for a local lockfile (by
putting a second colon onto the flag line) on a recipe for whose action
a local lockfile doesn't make sense.  Usually the recipe launches a brace
nest, so its action is a non-cloning left brace, to which a local lockfile
doesn't apply.

If you're getting so many of them, you must have a lot of recipes where
you're asking for a local lockfile when you open braces.