simple mailing list with .procmail , help!

2000-08-25 00:38:19
Hi all-

I've searched and searched and found simular requests and answers but
cannot (feeling slightly stupid) figure out how to do this simple task :

Desire : Create a Simple mailing list

Example :

Someone sends to this address :

   mylistname(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com

That message then forwards, via BCC (or whatever), to other addresses in a
list, such as in friends.txt (or hardcoded in .procmail) :

   friend1(_at_)them(_dot_)com
   friend2(_at_)something(_dot_)com
   friend3(_at_)anotherthing(_dot_)com

I am just now learning regular expressions and am familiar with PHP (not
perl).  ALL help welcome and appreciated.

I'll also want to send a copy to a folder which I'll deal with later.

I know all this is possible but cannot figure it out.  Knowing how to do
this (with good explanation) will help me accomplish other things I am
sure.  My list is small btw, just a few people.  Again, thanks in advance.

Warm regards,

Philip Olson

.sig
--