Using procmail as a pre-mailing-list filter

2000-09-01 19:22:46
I've got a strange need, but I think procmail can do it.

What I need to do is from my sendmail aliases, pipe
emails sent to a particular alias into a procmail filter -
which will check and see if the subject starts with a Re:.
If the subject starts with a Re: (e.g., is a reply), I want
to send it back to the sender with a small message.  Otherwise,
I want to just pipe it on into the mailing list software..

(I'm using mailman in this instance..)

Suggestions?

Bill