Re: local user can't send mail with mailx -v

2000-09-11 00:07:34
"Adrian Senn" <adrian(_at_)senn(_dot_)ch> writes:
I've got a tricky problem on our Server.
We use the combination Sendmail -> Procmail -> Cyrus.
If an external mail commes into the server there is no problem. All works fine.
But if the cron job with the user nobody or i make a mailx -v then the mailjob
fails.
The problem is that sendmail comes normally with the user cyrus as mailer.
If the local mailer comes, the it sends with the local user and fail.

How can i set procmail to send all the time with the user cyrus.
The F=o option in sendmail is not a good idea. Then will mdom (majordomo) fail
 .

This is the part of my Sendmail.cf File

Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMA5:/|@qnp, S=10/30, R=20/40,
               T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
               U=cyrus:mail,
               A=procmail -p /etc/mail/procmail.common CYUSER=$u

You need to add the 'S' flag to the F= directive.

I'm absolutely helpless how i can fix the problem. I didn't find
anything in the archive of the list, nor in the hole internet. I am
researching for this problem many ours.  I have the O'Reilly Book but i
can't find a solution in sendmail, but i think the problem is
there. (or not?)

Print out the doc/op/op.ps file in the sendmail source tree and read it.
Its section on mailer flags talks about which uid a mailer will run as,
even mentioning that the 'S' flag overrides the 'o' flag.

In the future, please direct sendmail questions to the
comp.mail.sendmail newgroup, as that's the public forum for sendmail
questions.

Philip Guenther