Re: extracting the "from" and "Subject" headings and writing them to a log

2000-09-11 12:05:32
perhaps (untested, of course!).  Check out 'man procmailex'.

:0
* ^FROM_MAILER
{
  SUBJECT=`formail -xSubject`
  TO=`formail -xTo`

  :0 :bounced_emails.lock
  | echo "bounced email: $TO $SUBJECT" >> bounced_emails
}

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, LOPEZ,ERWIN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:

I am a new-bee to procmail;

I want to be able to extract the "from" and "subject" headings from emails
that bounce and store them into a file.  So for example if I send an email
to erwin(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com with subject heading "hello there".  If the
email comes
bounces and comes I want to be able to extract "erwin(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com"
an "hello
there" and store it into a file without the server name it bounced from and
without the body.  This is so that I can get rid of the people in my list
with bad email addresses.

Thank you all
Erwin