RE: skipped braces

2000-09-16 18:29:14
From: Professional Software Engineering
[mailto:PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org]

At 17:09 2000-09-16 -0400, Dallman Ross wrote:
Hmm.  I've been doing extensive editing to my .procmailrc, and suddenly

oh, and didn't keep the originals to diff against?  Naughty.

Actually, I did; but there were about 5k-worth of changes.  I
went through it about six times with diff, also running less
to highlight curly braces, etc., but still couldn't see it.
(It's fixed now.  But it took over an hour to find. :-(   )

Post some part of your recipe which includes VIR_01a:

fgrep -8 VIR_01a ~/.procmailrc

Well, it had to be *above* that part, because I didn't
edit that section.  I was working on the two sections above
that, though.

Without having seen it, I suspect you have a trailing backslash or
something effectively escaping the closing brace.

I had a missing close-quote on a label assignment.  :-(
I even suspected as much and also was looking for that;
but I didn't see it until about the 7th time through.

        { RECIPE = "${RECIPE:+$RECIPE }UBE_F-02b-H.HHX" }

That was the guilty line.  No close-quote.

Note: my 8.5-year-old netcom.com address will soon disappear
when Netcom closes its doors.  Please update your records to
reflect my new address as: Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)NotNetcom(_dot_)com>

ROTFLAMO!  As a former Netcom sheller, it's great to see you're still
banding together.

Thanks.  That's my doing: I own the domain.  Let me know if you
want a free forward. :-)

--
Ex-Netcom users: get free email forwarding at NotNetcom.com!
NOT affiliated with EarthLink, Inc.'s Netcom brand-identity.