procmail question?

2000-09-20 22:43:47
Hi,

I am basically using fetchmail to fetch mails from
POP servers. It is fetching correctly and putting into
default mail directory /usr/spool/mail/user. And I can
use mail to read the mail.

However, I have the requirement to create another mbox for each
user in their home directory so I used procmail to do that
so I mentioned procmail in .fetcmailrc file and created
a .procmailrc file that looks like this

PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin:/home/httpd/cgi-bin/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail1
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/log
DEFAULT=$HOME/mbox
SHELL=/bin/sh

and I ran fetchmail again and I have seen that mbox has been created
successfully.

However when I typed mail -f mbox it gave me
Mail version 8.1 6/6/93.  Type ? for help.
"mbox": 0 messages

So here are my questions

1. Whats' going on here? Why I can not read the mail? or which
 program I need to run to read the mail?

2. I have to save the mail to default mbox and also to $HOME/mbox
 how can I do that? What env variables I need to use

Thanks very much

Anand