Re: How do I save to a file that has the name of the subject?

2000-09-22 21:34:42
I tried that and it made a file called "/home/p/poohba/public-web/Stories/Fw_". and it puts all of the emails from that person into that one file instead of the different files by the subject name.

At 09:56 PM 9/21/00, John Summerfield wrote:
> I am able to do it only when the subject doesn't have Fw: or Fwd: in it.
>
> STORIES="/home/p/poohba/public-web/Stories"
> SUBJECT=`formail -zxSubject:`
>
> :0bc:
> * ^From.*LaLa
> $STORIES/$SUBJECT

You might need to pipe it through tr to remove colons - I think they cause the
problem:

SUBJECT=`echo $SUBJECT | tr ":" "_"`