How do i save to forwards to separate files according to subject

2000-09-27 17:59:44
What I have so far is:

:0
 * ^From.*gerber
 * ^Subject:(.*:)? *\/[^ :]+\<.*
 {
  SUBJECT=$MATCH
  # use $HOME variable in case admins reorganize the system and move it
  STORIES=$HOME/public-web/Stories

  :0
  * SUBJECT ?? /
  SUBJECT=| echo "$SUBJECT" | tr / %

  :0bc:
  $STORIES/"$SUBJECT"
 }

The thing is that it creates a file with the subject name but it has the Fwd: and it has spaces. What I need is the fw or fwd removed and the spaces turned into "_". I am assuming that i would use the "s/\s/_/" but not really sure about that nor do i know where to put it.