Re: auto-responder that quotes message headers & body

2000-10-10 15:20:06
Nils Vogels <nivo(_at_)yuckfou(_dot_)org> wrote:

I do this by creating a local copy and then catting it .. it might not be
perfect, but works fine for me:

:0 c
  tempcopy

:0 fhw
{
  :0 c: spamtemp.lock
  | (formail -rt + lotsa formail options \
    cat tempcopy; \
    rm -f tempcopy ) \
    | $SENDMAIL
}

You could use sed to append the ">" while piping anyway, I would presume.

Yeah, I guess this works, but I'm surprised there isn't a simpler
way to do this since procmail has access to the entire message initially.