Re: Forward and Store recipe

2000-10-13 11:11:23
Subba Rao followed up,

| Thank you for replying.

You're welcome.

| I am using maildir format (qmail), so I don't see any reason to use a lock
| file.

Theoretically if the folder is a directory and the messages are separate
files within it, you do not need a local lockfile.  I think it is Bennett
Todd who has said that it's true only of qmail maildirs; John Summerfield
just said local lockfiles a good idea anyway.  Personally, I have no experi-
ence with saving mail to directories, so I've no position on the matter; the
only cases where I save to a file or alter a file in my .procmailrc without
a local lock are those where the code is protected by a regional lock.

| In your recipe, don't I need to use open and close braces { }, for the
| action items?

No; they're connected by an `A' flag.  If you want to use braces instead,
that's fine, but when I a condition or set of conditions to lead to two ac-
tions I find `A' flag simpler and cleaner than braces.  There are many places
in my rcfiles where braces are necessary, and avoiding them where I easily
can makes it easier to follow the nesting levels where I have to use them.