Re: recipe for new emails into new locations

2000-10-18 08:57:51
Padraic Woods asked,

| Is it possible to use a procmail recipe to filter mail into a new file for
| each email received or based on a time or date...with the hope that I can
| parse this file for what I want and then delete the file...

Any form of saving to directories will put each message into a separate file,
as Stephen Wilcoxon explained.

If your mail comes in with 'From ' postmark lines at the top, the date and
time information is in there, and you can base conditions on it.  I do it
all the time when I want recipes to turn on or off at particular dates and
times, and it works very well.