Re: messages messed up?

2000-10-23 09:33:18
The blank line after "Lines: 85" ends the header; the rest, which
look like former header lines, are now in the body (as far as mbox
format is concerned).

[snip]

I thought the blank lines looked suspicious too, but again not knowing
very much about this, I wasn't sure.

I've added the LINEBUF setting as you suggested, but it hasn't worked.
How can I get procmail to search the _entire_ message (body) for the
string:

    'To: comp.os.linux'

for example, instead of just the header? It doesn't seem like:

    :0:
    * To:.*comp.os.linux
    comp.os.linux

does what I want either.

No it won't. By default procmail only searches the headers for the
expression you specify. If you want to search the body as well, you
need to add the 'B' qualifier i.e.:

:0B:
* To:.*comp.os.linux
comp.os.linux

Actually, I think the .'s should be escaped in the regexp, so we have:

:0B:
* To:.*comp\.os\.linux
comp.os.linux

Regards,
--
Richard Travett,                Email:
Richard(_dot_)Travett(_at_)cambridge(_dot_)simoco(_dot_)com