Re: Expiring mailboxes?

2000-10-29 18:44:40

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emil Isberg" <emil(_dot_)isberg(_at_)mds(_dot_)mdh(_dot_)se>

| Ouch... I try to step through all the mailinglist folders at least
once a
| day (and deleting everything that looks nonimportant (eg endless
| discussions) unless I got the time to read it)... With pine it's
quuite
| simple to set up a thing like that... I love the interaction between
| procmail and pine's INCOMING FOLDERS. :-)

Heh, I try to step through them, too, but I find myself subscribing to a
mailing list because I have the occasional question about the use of
something, like procmail.  I should sign up, sign off, but about the
time I do I want to post again.  With stuff like freebsd-stable I often
*need* the history to figure out why I can't build world..

| But then I also have procmail do a incoming mailfolder based on the
month
| (and the year)... :-)

That might actually be enough.  That way I can blast the old months
messages easily.

I just thought expiring them automagically would be really slick.  I
suppose the overkill solution is to gateway all my mail to a private
news server..