Re: Empty envelope from when calling sendmail

2000-11-02 13:30:46
Marcel Janssen <maja(_at_)oce(_dot_)nl> writes:
guenther+procmail(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu wrote:
Hmm, fixing it in sendmail might not be trivial: C code will probably
be required.  The work around on the procmail side is to extract the
sender from the argument list and wrap it in <>s.

        SENDER = "<$1>"
        :0 w
        ! -v -oi -f "$SENDER" "$@"

We've tested this but $1 will lead to a duplicate sender address.
($@ already contains $1) There is no way to shift the parameters.

Um, yes there is: SHIFT=1

I forgot to add include that in my previous message.  (Did I mention
that what I wrote was untested?)

Philip Guenther