Re: mailbox size limits

2000-11-02 20:42:05
At 11:08 AM 3/11/2000, guenther+procmail(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu wrote:
Stuart Clark <sclark(_at_)tpg(_dot_)com(_dot_)au> writes:
>I was wondering how to bounce a message that was delivered to a mailbox
>that had exceeded a certain size.  I am delivering mail into
>/var/spool/mail/m/a/mailbox so the quota feature in procmail (from
>filesystem) will not apply.

I don't see how you derive that conclusion.  Why can't you just assign
each user a filesystem quota for /var/spool/mail, or whatever filesystems
that's under?

>Also, this great and active list should have a searchable archive.  :)

It does:

I have not set up quota before and don't (currently) see it as an elegant solution on this server. In my case it is a dedicated mail server with no shell accounts, and mail is saved with a common username/group ID (we are well above UID limitations).

Thanks for the archive tip.

Kind regards, Stuart.