Re: Procmail and sendmail.cf

2000-11-03 13:41:51
"Peter Parker" <peterparker(_at_)instealthmode(_dot_)com> writes:
Im writing a program that is keyed off viaprocmail to handle incoming email
form MULTIPLE domains.

The problem im running into is really in sendmail.cf

I need to get the entire address of the recipient passed, not just the
username as passed by default by $h

Currently $h will pass "pete" if the recipient is pete(_at_)foo(_dot_)com but
i need
the entire address passed since multiple domain names are handled by the
same user.

Anyone know off hand if its possible for that to be done?

Your sendmail.cf must already have been modified somehow so that it
accepts the mail for the 'other' domains.  You should query the author
of the documentation that you followed when making those changes if this
can be done.

I say this because what you describe above -- mail for multiple domains
being delivered via the 'local' mailer with $h set to the _username_ --
doesn't match anything I know of as 'standard virtual domain .cf hacks'.

I _do_ know that if you're using the mailertable to handle the virtual
domains, then an entry of
        foo.com                 local:someone

will cause messages addressed to person(_at_)foo(_dot_)com to be delivered to
'someone' with $h (i.e., $1 in the rcfile) set to "person(_at_)foo(_dot_)com",
but you're definitely not using the mailertable now, and switching to
that will require that you a) strip the virtual domains from class w,
b) change your rcfiles to one user per domain, and c) probably other
things.

So, I reiterate: talk to the viaprocmail people.

Philip Guenther