Re:Detecting HTML content

2000-11-04 20:53:56
At 1:44 PM -0500 11/4/00, Subba Rao is rumored to have typed:

It also happens that most html mail is spam.

   If by that you mean it's created by Microsoft Outlook, I'd agree.  ;)

   Seriously, brain-damaged mail clients that default to sending HTML mail
are more popular than ever; our mailing lists have filters to reject HTML
mail, and we're seeing more and more of it. I agree with you that it's a
major problem, but I'd disagree with you that "most html mail is spam." Truth
is, most HTML mail we see here is sent by newbies with moronically-defaulted
mail clients.

         Charlie