Re: Modifying subject

2000-11-05 13:30:44
On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Mark Shaw wrote:

ms> Hello,
ms>
ms> I think I've seen this on the list recently, but unfortunately
ms> didn't save the traffic....
ms>
ms> I want to strip off and discard a leading string from the subject
ms> line of certain incoming email messages.  Specifically, something
ms> like
ms>
ms>     Subject: [Zonelink] Miraflores locks camera
ms>
ms> should be delivered as
ms>
ms>     Subject: Miraflores locks camera
ms>
ms> Here's what I've come up with:
ms>
ms>     :0 Hf
ms>     * ^Subject: \[Zonelink\](.*)
ms>     | formail -b -f -I "Subject: $1"
ms>

  What your actually looking for is the \/ (forward and backslash) switch,
which will save everything following it to the parameter $MATCH, try
something like the following

         :0f
         * ^Subject:.*\[Zonelink\][     ]*\/[^  ].*
         | formail -bfi "Subject: $MATCH"

ms> What I get is blank subject lines, so obviously I can't pass the
ms> second part of the match forward as a variable the way I think I can.
ms>
ms> Any help?  Thanks!
ms>
ms>

--
        S.Toms - tomas(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com - www.primenet.com/~tomas
                   SuSE Linux v7.0+ - Kernel 2.2.17

In West Union, Ohio, No married man can go flying without his spouse
along at any time, unless he has been married for more than 12 months.