Re: Error Msgs

2000-11-05 16:06:05
At 02:46 PM 11/5/00 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
hi
Can someone tell me what these error msgs are and how I can avoid them.

biff: unknown tty: Inappropriate ioctl for device
mesg: ttyname: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Almost certainly, you have something in your .cshrc which references
an interactive devices, and hence really belongs in your .login file.

It's recommended, though, that you don't use csh, tcsh etc. for
your .procmailrc; instead, put
    SHELL=/bin/sh
up top.  (bash or ksh should be OK if you prefer those.)

Stan