Re: why does procmail not filter this easy script?

2000-11-06 11:28:52
Andreas Tindlund wrote:
I get all these procmail msgs in my INBOX. The following script does not
put them in the folder Procmail. Why?

What does the log file say?

My test looks like this:
    :0:
    * ^list-id:.*procmail
    * ^Sender: *procmail-
    procmail

yielding logfile extracts like this:
    procmail: Match on "^list-id:.*procmail"
    procmail: Match on "^X-beenthere: *procmail"
    procmail: Match on "^Sender: *procmail-"
    procmail: Locking "procmail/..lock"

:0:
* ^TO.*procmail
Procmail

Are you sure you're even hitting this recipe?  If you are, the logfile
contain a line that looks like this:

procmail: No match on
"(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope|Apparently(-Resent)?)-To):(.*[^a-zA-Z])?).*procmail"

If it doesn't (my guess), then the message is getting filed in your
inbox before it even gets to your above recipe.

If it does, then I'd suggest removing the '.*' from your recipe (as a
workaround) to see if that works better.

If you still are having problems, please tell us what version you're
using (output of procmail -v), and don't forget to post the logfile
extract that proves which recipe isn't working the way you think it
should.

hth
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.