Re:multi auto-reply

2000-11-16 09:15:34

> maybe I am just missing something really simply?

   Yep, you sure are. Read the procmail man pages carefully so you can
understand how to work on a clone (copy) of a message.

Sounds simply, but now I am baffelled even after reading the manual hehe! :-)
Can someone give me an idea on this clone copy thing?
Bascially I just need different autoresponse for mail arriving to different addresses:
someone got a similar thing to work? thanks in advance :)
Herman

Remember that a
delivering recipe stops processing of the rc file, so if you deliver a
message that isn't a clone, you're done no matter how many recipies you add
under it.
:0
* ^TOinfo(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
*!^FROM_DAEMON
|(formail -r -A "Precedence: junk" \
-I"From: Auto-Reply <info(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com>" \
-I"Subject: Information Request" \
-A "X-Loop: info(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com"; \
cat $FILEDIR/info.txt )|$SENDMAIL -t

which doesn;'t work! :-(
Internetters Limited

Tel (UK): +44 (0) 870 160 5555
Fax (UK): +44 (0) 870 165 6666
Email: herman(_at_)internetters(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk
Internet: www.internetters.co.uk