procmail filter for autoreplies...

2000-11-22 10:49:47
I have an interesting dilemma...

I have a virtual account that is redirected to real account on a seperate
domain... I need the real account to send an autoreply to the recipient
(and if possible mask the from address back to the virtual account)...
ie...

mail comes in to support(_at_)virtdomain(_dot_)com and is redirected to
realacount(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com(_dot_) The realacount (or even the virtual
one...it
doesn't matter) then autoreplies to the sender. I'd like the autoreply to
be transparent to the sender so the from address in the autoreply needs to
be masked as the virtual address (it would be nice to not even have the
real address...but figure that is impossible).

I tried the vacation program but it didn't work, and found this (or a
similar one) snip of code in the procmail man pages...

VERBOSE=YES
LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log
SHELL=/bin/sh

:0 Whc: vacation.lock
# Don't reply to daemons and mailinglists
* !^FROM_DAEMON
# Mail loops are evil
| formail -rD 8192 vacation.cache

:0 ehc         # if the name was not in the cache
| (formail -rI"Precedence: junk" \
       -A"X-Loop: support(_at_)virtdomain(_dot_)com" ; \
       cat $HOME/.vacation.msg \
  ) | /usr/lib/sendmail -oi -t

and the .forward is:
"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -t || exit 75 #realuser"

For some reason it does not want to autoreply...
Can somebody help?

Thanks,
Scott