Re: problem with formail splitting

2000-11-26 03:39:46
Stan wrote,

| Note also, below, that changing it to X-MBOX-Line: makes it
| work with formail.  Is formail doing something tricky by trying
| to analyze headerfield names?

Yes.  formail -d doesn't try to see if minfields is met unless it finds a
line beginning with a known header name.  Otherwise every time a couple suc-
cessive lines in the body started with words ending with colons formail -d
would think it had found a new message.

| The man page says nothing about this that I can see.

No, it doesn't, but run strings on your formail binary or look at
src/headers.h in the source.  X-anything: is coded elsewhere, I gather, and
MBOX-Line: is not in there.  I ran into this myself with Position: and
changed it to X-Position:.