Re: Is the Procmail the default agente ?

2000-11-27 12:06:40
John Summerfield wrote:
rwagner(_at_)tecknowhow(_dot_)com said:
 How could I know if  the procmail is the default local delivery agent
read your MTA configuration files, /etc/sendmail.cf in the case of sendmail

In particular,

    $ grep Mlocal /etc/sendmail.cf
    Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=[[ ...deleted... ]]

is a pretty good indication that procmail is your LDA.  If the output
of grep looks more like this:

    Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/rmail, F=[[ ...deleted... ]]

then procmail isn't your LDA (unless it was renamed /usr/bin/rmail).

hth
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.