stumped on inserting iso-8859 header

2000-11-29 10:02:23
I am having troubles getting procmail and formail to drop in a header line.
It looks like the problem is a semi-colon in the header.  The current
recipe looks like

   :0  wfh
   * ? is8bit < tmp.request > /dev/null
   | formail -b  -I"Mime-Version: 1.0" \
          -I "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1" \
          -I "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit"

It returns

Dropping the semi-colon and charset phrase from the Content-Type line.

Same with single instead of double quotes, wrapped around the Content-Type
header.

If I escape the semi-colon with a \, I get

If I save the SHELLMETAS and run it directly from procmail, it chokes on
the arguments in the Condition line.

I cannot find any specific mention of this in the mailing list archives, so
I am  hoping somebody on the list can provide the proper syntax.

Thank you very much.

mark

mark david mcCreary
Internet Tools, Inc.            1302 Waugh Drive, #438
mdm(_at_)internet-tools(_dot_)com          Houston, Texas 77019
http://www.internet-tools.com   713.627.9600