Re: Suspicious rcfile

2000-11-30 13:29:04
Sebastian and Heiko wrote,

| This is the entry in our log-file:
| Nov 30 17:41:24 novathink3 procmail[1701]: Suspicious rcfile
| "/home/user1/.procmailrc"
|
| We can't setup an autoresponder. The ".procmailrc" of  "user" is owned by
| "user1" and it is readable by "user1" and group. Who can help us?

I trust you meant to type that the .procmailrc of *user1* is owned by user1.

As the man page for procmail(1) says,

     Suspicious rcfile "x"  The owner of the rcfile was  not  the
                            recipient or root, the file was world
                            writable, or the directory that  con-
                            tained it was world writable, or this
                            was      the      default      rcfile
                            ($HOME/.procmailrc) and either it was
                            group writable or the directory  that
                            contained  it was group writable (the
                            rcfile was not used).

If the owner of the file is user1, then the problem has to be that the file
is writable by group or world or that the directory is writable by group or
world.