Re: Maildir documentation/FAQ somewhere?

2000-12-06 11:07:49
Gilles Melanson asked,

| procmail 3.15 apparently supports Maildir format, except that other than a
| few notes, I haven't found anything to support that.
|
| Does anyone have a clue as to how to form rules to dump mail into Maildir
| folders..?

I've no personal experience with it, but this is how it's supposed to work:

  :0 flags:
  * conditions
  existing_plain_file

or

  :0 flags:
  * conditions
  nonexistent_basename_in_existing_directory

should save to mboxes;

 :0 flags
 * conditions
 existing_directory # no trailing slash or period

should save to a directory with classic procmail file naming;

 :0 flags
 * conditions
 existing_directory/. # with trailing slash and period

should save to a directory with MH-style file naming; and

 :0 flags
 * conditions
 existing_directory/ # with trailing slash but no period

should save to a Maildir, and procmail will create the cur/, new/, and tmp/
subdirectories if they don't already exist.